Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Guest Bloggers Talk About Fractions!

A fraction is sharing something. I've learned that the more people sharing, the less you will get.
-Brooke G.

A fraction is splitting into equal groups. Something I've learned about fractions is you have to split it up in equal groups.
-Evans

A fraction is equal parts. Something I've learned about fractions is that the bigger the number the smaller the piece is and the smaller the number is the bigger the piece.
-Conlon

One strategy I can use to compare fractions is put the pieces on top of the whole and see if they match.
-Taylor B

One strategy to combine fractions is to draw a picture.
-Fletcher

You combine fractions by using like 1/2 + 1/2 = 1 whole like that or 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6 = 1 whole. That's how you combine fractions!
-Mikayla

One strategy I can use to combine fractions is 4/4. You do not need to do 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4. Just do 4/4.
-Jake C

One strategy I can use to combine fractions is if they are different you can add them separate.
-Jakhya

One strategy I could use to combine fractions is 8/8 to solve a whole fraction or 3/3 to solve another whole problem.
-Ajani

One thing I learned about fractions is that they are fun.
-Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment